Number of seen pages

Pages

04/03/2011

Showers from the Middle Age


Ireland is known for a country where people are very sensitive to high technology and stuffs… but what about buildings, electric & gas installations and plumbing???
I don’t really know how to describe showers in Ireland… I have never seen such installation anywhere… Everything is old… I mean they don't know modern equipments. On top of that, nothing complies with standards… I’m afraid that my house explodes sometimes because of a gas leak or something like that.

If you want to have a shower, you have to pull on a rope in order to connect the shower... And you didn’t see ovens… most houses have gas ovens in which you can see the flame inside. It’s like France 30 years ago! During Christmas holidays (hopefully I was back in France), there was no water anymore at my place for a few days because pipes were frozen!! And it was the case for a major part of Cork!

But what’s strike me most is the fact that each house has a survival blanket and fire extinguisher! Before providing such stuffs, they should build houses which comply with standards!!
Anyway, for those who want to set up their business in plumbing or electricity or whatever, consider the irish market because there are big opportunities to grab!!

2 comments:

  1. My house has a perfectly functional shower that does not have a pull rope mechanism, and my oven is fan assisted not flame. Maybe next time you decide to obtain cheap ass student accomodation youll either A think twice or B stay the fuck at home in france.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a funny blog, I don't want to offense any Irish... You are known to have a sense of humour...So If you don't get it in this blog... And if you write comments about several articles, it's no use to create 2 or 3 different profils... I can easily track you...Assume yourself to put such comments !
    (by the way, you didn't write anything about stuffs I appreciated in some articles in my blog..)

    ReplyDelete